CRANBERRY VANILLA POUND CAKE
For the Cranberry sauce:
¾ cup sweetened dried cranberries
6 Tablespoons cranberry juice
2 Tablespoons sugar
For the Cake:
½ cup butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray an 8x8 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
3. Bring the cranberries, only 3 Tablespoons of the cranberry juice and the sugar to a boil in a small sauce pan.
4. Reduce heat; simmer mixture, stirring often, for about 4 minutes.
5. Let cool 5 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining cranberry juice and then puree in a food processor.
7. Let cool completely. Set aside.
8. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes.
9. Scrape down sides, add eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
Beat until blended.
10. Gradually add in flour. Beat until blended.
11. Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
12. Dot the top of the batter with the cranberry sauce.
13. Pour remaining batter over all. Level out.
14. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
15. Serve chilled.