CORNBREAD - SAUSAGE DRESSING
6 cups cornbread crumbs
5 cups bread crumbs
¼ cup butter
1½ cups chopped celery
1½ cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
½ pound bulk pork sausage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup chopped pecans
2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine cornbread crumbs and the bread crumbs in a large bowl.
3. In a large skillet, sauté the celery, onion, and green pepper in the butter until tender.
4. Add the sautéed vegetables to the bread crumbs.
5. In a skillet, brown the bulk sausage until thoroughly cooked.
6. Place the cooked sausage onto some paper towels to drain off the excess grease.
7. Add the sausage to the bowl of bread crumbs and vegetables.
8. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the water and add to the bread crumbs.
9. Stir in all the remaining ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
10. Spoon the dressing into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
11. Bake uncovered at 350° for 95 – 100 minutes and toothpick comes out clean.