MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup cracker crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup undiluted canned milk
½ cup chopped onions
For the Mushroom Gravy:
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
4 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 cups beef broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Shape the meat into a loaf shape. Place into a loaf pan.
4. Bake at 375° for 90 - 120 minutes.
5. After the meatloaf is cooked, prepare the gravy.
6. In a medium saucepan, sauté the mushrooms and onions in the butter, over a medium high heat.
7. Add in 1 cup of the beef broth.
8. Immediately combine the remaining 1 cup of broth with the cornstarch and flour and add it to the mushroom mixture.
9. Cook and stir, over medium high heat, until gravy comes up to a boil.
10. Allow gravy to boil for 2 minutes, while stirring.