¾ cup warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 ¼ cups flour
1. Combine the water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl;
let set until spongy, 4-5 minutes.
2. Mix in the oil and salt, with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in the flour.
4. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if the dough is sticking to your hands or the surface.
Knead for about 6 minutes.
5. Place about a Tablespoon of oil into a large bowl and the set the dough into the bowl, turn the dough over to coat the whole surface of the dough with the oil.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 ½ hours.
7. Divide the dough and shape it into pizza rounds, by using a rolling pin or by tossing the dough or by pressing it out with your fingertips.
8. If you are using a cookie sheet or wire pizza mesh, coat the surface with a little bit of olive oil.
9. Place the dough onto the baking sheet.
10. Top the dough with your favorite pizza toppings.
11. Bake at 450° for 15 - 17 minutes.