BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE
For the Crust:
1 ¼ cups flour
½ cup chilled butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
2/3 cup sugar
2 ½ Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon peel
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
5 cups fresh blueberries
For the Topping:
3 Tablespoons sugar
¾ cup flour
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the crust ingredients together with a pastry blender until pieces are pea size or smaller.
3. Press crust into an ungreased pie plate. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel.
5. Add the blueberries and lemon juice.
6. Gently toss to coat and evenly distribute ingredients.
7. Let the filling stand for 20-30 minutes, tossing occasionally, until berries release their juices.
8. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients with your fingertips. Set aside.
9. Spoon the blueberry filling into the crust, then sprinkle topping evenly over the filling.
10. Bake at 375° until filling is bubbly and the topping is golden, about 75 minutes.
11. Cover with foil at the halfway point to prevent the topping from browning too fast.
12. Let pie stand at room temperature to cool.
13. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
14. Refrigerate leftovers.