STAMPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
½ cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons sugar, for rolling cookie balls in
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter and cornstarch together, with an electric mixer,until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in flour by using a wooden spoon at first, and then by mixing it with your hands to form a ball.
4. Divide dough into 18 equal pieces; shape into balls.
5. Roll the balls in the 3 Tablespoons sugar.
6. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Flatten each ball of dough with either a cookie stamp or the base of a drinking glass.
8. Flatten until you have a 2 inch circle that is ½ inch thick.
9. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes, or until the bottoms are a very light golden brown.
10. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.