GERMAN POTATO SALAD
about 10 cups diced potatoes;you'll need about 9 potatoes
1 lb. bacon, cooked and diced
¼ cup oil or bacon fat
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
3 Tablespoons flour
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1. Do not peel the potatoes. Wash and cube.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
3. In a skillet, cook the bacon; drain the fat, reserving 1/4 cup of the fat.
4. Set the bacon aside.
5. In the same skillet that the bacon was fried, add the celery and the onion to the reserved fat; cook on medium/high for 1-2 minutes.
6. Blend the flour and water together in a measuring cup.
7. Add the blended flour and the vinegar to the celery and onions; cook,
stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly.
8. Turn the heat off, stir in the sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
9. Add the diced bacon to this dressing.
10. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss lightly.
11. Serve warm, but it’s also good cold.