2 cans (15 oz.) small whole or sliced beets ( I like Aunt Nellie's )
1 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup sugar
6 hard boiled eggs, shelled
Salad greens, optional
1. Drain the beets and reserve 1 cup of the liquid. If necessary, add enough water to the beet liquid to measure 1 cup liquid.
2. Set the beets aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup of beet liquid, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to boiling while stirring. Once it has reached a boil, remove form heat and set aside.
4. Place the hard boiled, shelled eggs into a glass jar or deep serving bowl.
5. Cover the eggs with the sliced or whole beets then pour the boiled beet juice over the beets and eggs.
6. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 3 days.
7. Slice the eggs and arrange them on your salad greens along with some of the sliced beets.